The EIBA is pleased to acknowledge the following Official Partners
Statement - UPDATE
With the Government and Public Health England
having advised the Country that we are now in the ‘Suppression’ phase
of the COVID-19 plan, the Board of Directors met today to discuss how this
would affect its Member Clubs and Counties.
The EIBA are
aware that over last couple of days of many Indoor Clubs have already made
the decision to close permanently until the start of the new season
(September 2020) or to temporarily suspend bowls
and review the situation on a regular basis.
However, for those Clubs who have
yet to make a decision and are waiting for guidance from the
EIBA we wish to strongly advise that you suspend bowling and review
on a regular basis or close
the club until further notice.
With the age profile and the
potential of underlying heath issues of bowlers, putting the majority
of them in the ‘at risk’ category, the sport has a duty of care to
lessen the chance of them contracting COVID-19.
EIBA Board have also discussed and will be releasing statements,
over the next few days, specifically on the following operational
• 2020-2021 National Competition entries
Re-scheduling of the 2019-2020 National Competition Finals
AGM scheduled for 16th May 2020
• EIBA Head Office
As always, the EIBA will be monitoring the situation
and as and when appropriate, advise its Members and Indoor Bowlers of
any actions which need to be taken.
Updated 18th March 2020